Re: Mozilla Linux-Alpha porting effort (fwd)

On Wed, Oct 21, 1998 at 08:43:04AM -0400, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> On 21 Oct 1998, Brederlow wrote:
>
> > Maybe its a good idea to test QTScape also. I tried both on m68k and
> > QTScape did compile and worked (except for transparent gif, which
> > could be qt's fault, which were displayed partly intransparent).
>
> It might be a good idea, but I'm not sure that our Qt is all that
> "working" to be honest.  According to the RedHat list, Qt 1.40 compiles
> fine but doesn't work at all.  I'm hoping that it did this because of a
> binutils bug (I uploaded a new version, so it should've been fixed if this
> was the problem), but no guarantees since nobody has told me if our Qt
> works or not yet.

  It was verified by Richard Henderson at Cygnus that it was a bug in
bin utils and not egcs or Qt 1.40. At least one other person on the RedHat
list reported that the binutils upgrade fixed the problem.

Rob.                          | http://www.smart.net/~rmcilhar/
rmcilhar@smart.net            |
rmcilhar@sanctuary.smart.net  | POWERED by LINUX!!!!