RE: update of the installation disks

>I hope to go next to the following pending issues (probably in this order):
>- generating a new 2.0.35 set of kernels (has anybody also done some work on
>this?), included a SX164 patch that floats around, removing the ne2000 ISA
>driver that was reported to cause problems.

I have created a kernel-patch package. Find it at <http://gige.epy.co.at>.
There are still a lot of unresolved issues (concerning configuration mainly).

The goal of my approach was to configure all the kernels in the same way, and to
include as much drivers as possible (SCSI and NET) as modules.

I would suggest that we try to include drivers for all builtin SCSI/Net interfaces and the ones known
to work.
Others will be on the drivers disk and subject to testing.

>- include minlabel partitioning for SRM machines
>- solve the aboot-only machine problems (for instance sable), so they
>   can boot the rescue disk
>- try to abord the pcmcia issue
>- deal with automatic hard-disk installation

Automatic harddisk installation could/should probably be part of an upcoming MILO package too.
Check Nikita´s effords regarding MILO (I for myself didn´t find any time to do it until now).

>If I forgot a problem, please tell me,
>any suggestions or help is welcomed,

I´m definitely willing to help, (Have a spare 2 gig partition for my not yet installed NT :P)

Guenter