Re: Alpha recommendations

I'll take a look at libffm to see what's included.  Those routines are
optimized and faster than glibc, but are accurate for only a restricted
domain, or so I've been told...

I've heard that rth is working to integrate some of the new math routines
into glibc2.1.

99% of my work is integer related, which Alpha excels at too... so
unfortunately I don't have extensive experience optimizing fp routines.
The irony is that Alpha has such a reputation for fp work, that people
sometimes don't realize its potential for data-processing, etc.

Jeff