Re: enhancements to MILO

> In my opinion the easiest way is to let the user create (similar to the swap
> partition) a Milo
> partition. This would be either raw for SRM, or DOS for the ARC/AlphaBIOS.
> Floppy would be similar.
> How to manage to write MILO into flash  ROM I have no idea, though.(Sounds ra
> ther dangerous)

Actually I've been running with MILO in the flash ROM on my noname since
I got the system in June of 1997.  Off the top of my head:  follow the
normal instructions for booting MILO off a floppy.  From there I believe
MILO comes with, or digital supplies, a utility program that you can
load from MILO to flash an image into the ROM.  Works great for me as I
couldn't get ARC to work for me at all on my noname and never bothered
to try SRM (I heard at the time that SRM claims some system memory and
doesn't let the OS use it after booting, is that true?).

If someone doesn't beat me to it or if there's not already one written,
I'll write a HOWTO section on this for Noname systems in the next couple
weeks.

Greg