Re: Difficulty installing on 'noname' from disks-alpha/1998-07-02

On Mon, 17 Aug 1998, Peter Mott wrote:

> After fsck is complete, a message says something about not mounting any
> local file systems and 'hangs'. (Sorry I can't be more precise with the
> console dialog, the machine is at home and I am at work.)
> Can anybody give shed some light on this behavior?

Hmmm....I'm wondering if this could be related to the "root mounted
read-only" problem we were having before...??  When you can, check to see
if the root partition is mounting read-only, which would prevent it from
updating /etc/mtab.  I know I ran into that problem before with my second
UDB (before the hard drive died).  I don't recall if that kind of message
was echoed to me or not though.