Re: apropos/whatis

> > yes, this is exactly, what i get. but i can't look for the problem -
> I recompiled with several different db libraries and found that this
> happens mostly when built with glibc's db support.  I recompiled again
> with libdb2 installed and it works like a champ on my system.
yes, i did this already :) (i also know now what autoheader is) and
good news: mandb works fine. but bad news: i couldn't create a
package, build stopps with an error (program 'no' not found, there
seems to be a bug in the po/Makefile). but still i got the binaries
and everything works fine - thanks. so it's important which db to
install while creating the package :( not a good idea, the maintainer
has to look for that and because there are no dependencies (or am i
wrong) there is no automatic control on that.
--
see header