Re: milo source

>>> Christopher Jason Morrone said:
>
> Sorry guys, I've been looking all over for this and can't seem to find it.
> (Even the MILO HOWTO seems to lack a URL for obtaining the code...)
>
> So where is the current official release of the MILO source code?

The last release of MILO sources is on gatekeeper.dec.com:

	/pub/DEC/Linux-Alpha/Kernels/milo-sources-2.0.30-0.4.tgz

And yes, I know its not obvious, or even pointed to from someplace obvious,
but the original MILO author moved on, and so has timely maintenance... :-\

> I am currently running a pre-compiled milo-miata-980609 (the latest I
> could find) from gatekeeper.

That's built with the latest there is, then, perhaps even later than those
sources pointed to above (I've a few patches for the latest platforms, and
building against 2.0.34 kernels, but nothing major).

> I remember reading somewhere that the newest version supports symlinks.

I have no idea on this; take a look at those sources, and see what's there.

Be aware that those MILO sources build best against 2.0.30 kernels patched
with the matching alpha-patches-2.0.30-0.4.gz, and WILL NOT WORK if built
under the equivalent of RH 5.x with GLIBC-2.0, as the binary-only DEC BIOS
emulator doesn't seem to work at all well when linked with the newer code
and/or libraries (it is C++ code, and built under RH 4.2)... :-\

Good luck.

--Jay++

  American Non Sequitur Society: we don't make sense, but we do like pizza...

Jay A Estabrook                         Alpha Motherboards - LINUX Project
Digital Equipment Corp.                 (508) 841-3241 or (DTN) 237-3241
334 South Street, Shrewsbury, MA 01545  Jay.Estabrook@digital.com