Re: X11-svga crashes (Matrox)

>This problem most definitely is in the alpha version of XF86_SVGA.
>
>Matti Aarnio <matti.aarnio@sonera.fi> has done a great work lately in
>improving this servers. You can get his patches and precompiled binaries
>from ftp://mea.tmt.tele.fi/pub/XFree86/. The patches should eventually be
>merged back in the XFree86 code base.
>
>Using a quite new XF86_SVGA binary over my debian/hamm&slink installation, I
>didn't have a single "unaligned trap" nor any crashes. But it's still not
>complete, i.e. you now just can't open more than 32 windows (the prcess
>trying to open the 33st window just hangs -- but that's still better than
>crashing :)).

Ah, lovely! I'm building a new XFree with these patches right now. If
no problems arise there will be an NMU for the alpha tonight or
tomorrow (that new LX164 is nice ;)

Regards,
/Anders

Anders Hammarquist   |       Mud at Kingdoms        | iko@netg.se
NetGuide Scandinavia |   telnet kingdoms.se 1812    | Fax: +46 31 50 79 39
http://www.netg.se   |                              | Tel: +46 31 50 79 40