X11-svga crashes (Matrox)

Hi everyone!

In the last past months I have done several updates on my hamm installation.
The last update had the state of the debian ftp-server (Germany) from
29 Jun 1998.
The hardware is a PC164LX and a Matrox Millennium II (8 MB). Is there
anybody here with a similar configuration who has troubles with the
stability of the X-server ?

I get a

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

in 8 and 16 bit mode when I open several (>8) images or use the
zoom function in xdvi (all mouse bottons) while moving the mouse.

some versions of packages:
ii  xserver-svga    3.3.2.2-1
ii  xlib6g          3.3.2.2-1
ii  libc6.1         2.0.7r-2

--
Marcus

If Windows is the answer the question must have been rather stupid