Re: problems with AMANDA on Linux/Alpha 2.1.103

James D Freels <fea@fea.rrd.ornl.gov> writes:

> This problem is specific to AMANDA on the DEC-Alpha under Linux OS.
> under kernel 2.1.103.

> * receive the error message in the summary mail file at the end of all
> processing

>   taper: FATAL shmget: Function not implemented.

So, the problem seems pretty obvious: the unstable kernel has dropped
support for shmget, or has changed its interface in some incompatible
way.  You really need this function in an amanda server, so you seem
to be out of luck...

> * I believe that this message is the cause of the failure of the
> entire job (will not write to tape)

Correct, the taper process depends on shared memory: while one process
fills a shared circular buffer, the other writes data from the buffer
to tape.

> * when amflush is attempted to process the holding disk file, this
> also fails.

amflush also uses taper.

--
Alexandre Oliva