Re: making a resc+drv disk for alpha

Hi Chris,

On Monday, 22 Jun, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> I'm still plugging away on it, but it's not going well.  I'm still unable
> to link it.  Right now, it compiles well, though.  Then again, I've been
> working on it using about five different kernel versions and not one of
> them is working right.

Hmm...  I've had no problems building the latest MILO; making it work is
another story.  I use milo-2.0.31 with some 2.0.pre-31 kernel with
alpha-patches (MILO doesn't like kernels without alpha-patches because
of the int/long discrepancy in the return types of filesystem calls).

> If you want, I'll tar up my mods or send you a patch.  I'm not even sure
> what I've done so far is necessarily good to do.  The code is VERY
> convoluted, unfortunately.

That's true...  However, I could probably have some ideas if I could see
your patch, for I'm already reasonably deep in MILO hacking...

	Nikita