Re: Debian-alpha bugs (was: Re: General questions about debian-alpha...)

Hi all...

Here there are the bugs I've noted on debian/alpha:

-route and ipfwadm from netbase don't work, well, route can't add
reject routes but does the other things; ipfwadm doesn't work at
all, it's capable to list the rules but it isn't capable to
add/delete any; I'm using route and ipfwadm from the ancient
bootfloppies and both work ok [ipfwadm 2.3.0, 1996/07/30; route
1.92 (1996-04-26) Kernelsource: 2.0.30]
I'm using kernel 2.0.33 with the alpha patches.

-apt doesn't work with method "file:" or "http:" without the :80 in
the URL; it seems to work with "ftp:" without problems.

** with file...
deb file:/home/ftp/debian hamm main contrib non-free

root:~# apt-get update
Aborted (core dumped)
gdb says ( :-? ) :
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
find_solib: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error

warning: Hit heuristic-fence-post without finding

warning: enclosing function for address 0x15555b00e48
This warning occurs if you are debugging a function without any symbols
(for example, in a stripped executable).  In that case, you may wish to
increase the size of the search with the `set heuristic-fence-post' command.

Otherwise, you told GDB there was a function where there isn't one, or
(more likely) you have encountered a bug in GDB.
#0  0x15555b00e48 in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6.1

** with http...
deb http://ftp.lander.es/debian hamm main contrib non-free

root:~# apt-get update
Get http://ftp.lander.es hamm/contrib Packages