Re: Fresh hamm install

On Wed 04 Feb 1998, Paul Slootman wrote:
> On Wed 04 Feb 1998, Terrence Brannon wrote:
>
> > This is AGGRAVATING. No one seems to want to update the HOWTO or
> > mention where they got the materials for installation.
>
> I'm planning on writing down what I do step-by-step next time I
> re-install my Alpha XLT 300. I hope I'll have it by Sunday. I first have
> to install a system this Friday that will act as internet proxy / mail
> gateway, multihomed, via a dialup ISDN line, so I'll be a bit busy
> before then....

Sorry, didn't really get round to it yet. I went skiing for a day (had
to take advantage of the fact that there was enough snow in Sauerland,
which doesn't happen that much...)

However, I discovered this site, which has a couple of interesting
things: http://www.alpha.kimitsu.com/

BTW, why does procps depend on libbfd-2.8.blabla, while that package
isn't available *anywhere* ?  I understand that nothing should depend on
the shared libbfd anyway, right?  Is there a new procps in the works? I
want to be able to use "ps" again :-(

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl