Re: Problems with libc 2.0.6-0.5

On Thu 22 Jan 1998, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> I agree.  Plus, it would allow you to repair a hosed partition and look
> over it in the event that your libc got screwed up somehow.  FYI, static
> binaries in /bin are the norm on most UN*X products.

SysVR4 and (hence?) Solaris 2 have /bin a symlink to /usr/bin. The
static binaries are in /sbin (although there are also a couple of
dynamic binaries in there as well). Unfortunately, /usr/sbin contains
almost only dynamic binaries. Oh well...

I'm not saying I agree with SysVR4, BTW :-)

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software, Enschede, the Netherlands