Re: Problems with libc 2.0.6-0.5

On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Roberto Lumbreras wrote:
> That is an old and known bug of ld.so from libc6 < 2.0.6-3, it is
> fixed in -3.

The Debian mirror I use has 2.0.6-2; does anyone have -3? (I
don't have access to master.)

> You can fix your system just deleting/renaming/truncating
> /etc/ld.so.preload (instaled/created by libnfslock package)

I'm going to have to have the disk transferred to another
system to do that, of course. (Not a problem as such, except
I have to find someone to do it -- I'm not touching a
screwdriver if I can help it, not on a machine worth ten
times my net monthly income.)