Re: Problems with libc 2.0.6-0.5

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:
> Yeah, nothing will work because of linker problems (shared binaries
> INCLUDING in /bin, which is against my personal judgement, but conforms to
> policy).  If you manage to recover your system ok (sorry about the probs),
> then try the new libc and it should be fine.

How is policy decided?

While it makes sense for floppies, it's pretty wrong for a big enough hard
disk, from a stability point of view.

There are a couple of policy decisions I've got strong disagreements with --
the worst is the relationship between /usr/include and the kernel header
files.  I think it's potentially *disasterous* to have files in /usr/include
that aren't in sync with the local kernel.

Anyway, I guess I just want to know where to go to most effectively lobby.

--
Doug DeJulio                         | mailto:ddj@aisb.org
Ancient Illuminated Seers of Bavaria | http://www.aisb.org/~ddj/