Positive feedback on new gcc :) & fp exception question

Christopher C Chimelis writes:
 > (including myself...I just compiled a kernel and should be booting off of

 Isn't it nice to compile a alpha kernel without all those "__r16 could
 be used uninitialzed" warnings passing by :-)
 I just compiled and booted 2.1.74 without a new problem ...
 My old problem with this kernel was network support.
 Has anybody had similar problems and knows how to fix them ?

 When porting applications I get now and then a floating point
 exception and the application dies. Is it possible to handle those
 exceptions (probably caused by zero division) and how ?

 Guenter