Re: Initial Installation.

Hi, the nano-HOWTO would be great if it actually said where to get
the startup disks listed in its Chapter 4:

- milo.dd : ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/Digital/Linux-Alpha/Miniloader
- rescue_{noname,multia}.bin: Presumably
ftp://ftp.debian.org/pub/debian/hamm/hamm/disks-alpha/1997-10-05/
I have an avanti, So I got rescue_avanti from the 1997-08-12
directory, but noticed vmlinux-avanti.gz in 1997-10-05... Which should
one get?
- root.bin:     1997-08-12 directory?
- drv1440.bin   1997-08-12 directory?
- base14-x.bin  1997-08-12 directory?
:
: Geoff Kuchera writes:
:  > Hi,
:  >
:  > 	I have been using intel debian for several years now.  I have just
:  > come into posession of a alpha AXPpci33 motherboard.  Ordinarilly I wouldn't
:  > be asking what seems to be a rtfm type question but since I can't seem to
:  > locate any documentation on initial installation on an alpha I thought I'd ask.
:  > Where are the manuals?
:
: 1) The Alpha nano-HOWTO:
:
:    <http://beezer.med.miami.edu:8080/alpha/docs/nano-HOWTO.html/>
:
:
: 2) Miniloader HOWTO
:
:  <ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/Digital/Linux-Alpha/Miniloader/docs>
:
:
:   gatekeeper has a lot of interesting stuff about Alpha's
:
:    and what is the current state of the debian-alpha
:  > port?  is it useable?  I'd like to help on the effort, and learn a little
:  > about a new architecture.
:  >
:
: At my last install the Alpha tree was quite dselectable. Although you
: still have to know what you are doing, install some packages by hand
: (dpkg --force-depends). Some packages are missing...
:
:
: Guenter
:
:
:
:
: --
: TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
: debian-alpha-request@lists.debian.org .
: Trouble?  e-mail to templin@bucknell.edu .
: