Re: New kernels on cobra.ch.cam.ac.uk

Hi,

On Thursday,  2 Oct, Nikhil Nair wrote:

> I've configured out sound support.  This is partly because I know nothing
> about how to do this part without knowing about specific cards, and also
> because I couldn't work out how to get this done from a script without
> `make oldconfig' asking questions ...

That's OK: sound can always be insmoded (even if the sound support was
disabled in the kernel configuration).  As the sound hardware is usually
built in, we can build modules for the platforms (rather than for
particular sound cards) we know about (my list is limited to UDB and
AlphaStation 255, although I believe other AlphaStations most probably
have the same sound setup).

> I'm hoping to widen the range of supported platforms at some stage.

I'll give your avanti image a try at my next reboot.  What I can say now is
that your config includes all the drivers I need.

	Nikita