egcs kernel success

Hello again...

Well, I booted my first egcs-compiled kernel today and it works great :)
I had to patch 2.1.72 for some discrepancies which prevented it to compile
(tga stuff and to fix an overcompensation for the last bug I reported
against the kernel), but it works great :)

I'm not sure how well optimised it is, but it seems a hair faster on boot.
I guess I'll find out when I start poking further at the system.

Chris