Re: egcs test results (contd)

On Sat, 6 Dec 1997, Nikhil Nair wrote:

> I've been following similar lines to you, here.  The main difference is
> that my arch is alphaev5-unknown-linux-gnu.

I'm curious about the differences regarding that.  I know that at least
one of the stages is further optimised towards the ev5, but I'm wondering
how much it targets the code generated by gcc after that.  If it's
something like the old gcc does with the x86 family (where you can pretty
much specify the processor target), then I'm wondering what we should
target our binaries towards....

> With no options to configure, I get identical results to you.  With
> --enable-shared (with or without --enable-threads - I've tried both) I get
> the much higher number of unexpected failures for g++, as your results
> showed.  The rest looks OK.
> So, it looks like --enable-shared is messing up g++ somehow.  I haven't
> looked into this in detail ...

Yeah, I was wondering about that myself.  I haven't had time to look and
see where the failures are occurring, but I'm sure I'll be checking into
that within the week.  Is there any talk on the mailing list regarding
this?  Just curious...

Chris