Re: egcs test results (contd)

On Sat, 6 Dec 1997, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> Ok...here's the test results from egcs from a "normal" configuration
> (--enable-shared --enable-threads).  Looks pretty good...

I've been following similar lines to you, here.  The main difference is
that my arch is alphaev5-unknown-linux-gnu.

With no options to configure, I get identical results to you.  With
--enable-shared (with or without --enable-threads - I've tried both) I get
the much higher number of unexpected failures for g++, as your results
showed.  The rest looks OK.

So, it looks like --enable-shared is messing up g++ somehow.  I haven't
looked into this in detail ...

Nikhil.

| Nikhil Nair                    |                                 |
| Department of Chemistry        | Tel.:  +44 1223 336350 (lab)    |
| University Chemical Laboratory |        +44 1223 368353 (home)   |
| Lensfield Road                 | Email: nn201@cus.cam.ac.uk      |
| CAMBRIDGE                      |        nxn@theor.ch.cam.ac.uk   |
| CB2 1EW                        |        nnair@debian.org         |
| England                        |                                 |