Re: EGCS 1.0 is out

On 4 Dec 1997, Michael Alan Dorman wrote:

> Well, Richard Henderson was an active contributor to egcs, so there's
> a distinct possibility.

:)

> You might not want to enable an excessive
> amount of optimization, but it should get the basic right...

I'll second this.  I recently found a bit of code that even Richard's
patches to gcc wouldn't handle correctly.  I sent the offending fragment
to him, so hopefully that same problem should've been fixed in egcs, but
it's probably better to assume it isn't for the time being.  I'll retest
the code with egcs sometime soon to double-check, though :)

Chris