Re: ftp.debian.org:/debian/hamm/hamm/disks-alpha/1997-10-05 question

On Sat, 8 Nov 1997, Terrence Brannon wrote:

> Per the installation instructions at:
> http://beezer.med.miami.edu:8080/alpha/docs/nano-HOWTO.html
>
> The October release does not have rescue for avanti
> There is no root.bin, drv1440, or base14-? for this release.
>
> Are we supposed to pull these from a prior release or what?

"Supposed", I am not certain, but I think it should work. I use a UDB and
cannot vouch for an Avanti, but it SHOULD work. In fact, that is what I
did for my UDB - a kernel from July (?) with the latest release of base
disks.

I would be VERY greatful if you could give it a try and, if it works, tell
me the procedure so that I could update the docs or, if it fails, tell me
too so that I could scratch my head somewhat more.

I should have my hands on a high-end Alcor in two-three weeks and should
be able to add substantially to the nano-howto. Maybe even make it into a
10xnano-HOWTO :-).

---MAV

Type Bits/KeyID    Date       User ID
pub  1024/2971208D 1997/09/11 Marc A. Volovic <marc@bard.org.il>