Netscape runs but does not nameserve

I followed the instruction on the AXP/Linux homepage and have netscape
working. It also connects to any URL given the IP numbers as opposed
to the textual name. However, it only works for textual names given in
/etc/hosts

In other words, bind does not seem to be working.

----- /etc/host.conf

order hosts,bind
multi on

----- /etc/svc.conf

aliases=local,yp
group=local,yp
hosts=local,yp
netgroup=local,yp
networks=local,yp
passwd=local,yp
protocols=local,yp
rpc=local,yp
services=local,yp

SECLEVEL=BSD   # for backwards compatibility ONLY

--
o============o  Sending unsolicited commercial e-mail (UCE)  to this address
 Legal Notice   is indication of your consent to pay me $120/hour for 1 hour