Re: network problems

Christopher C Chimelis <chris@beezer.med.miami.edu> writes:
> On 29 Oct 1997, Ian Willmott wrote:
> > I am having problems with networking on my AXPpci33. I am concentrating
> > on getting PPP to work as this is my only possible connection to the
> > internet from that machine, and it is difficult to participate in Debian
> > development without IP connectivity. When I get this working I will try
> > ethernet.
> Hmmm...Michael Dorman has been working on getting PPP fully functional for
> awhile now.  He's probably the one to discuss PPP with.  FYI, he mentioned
> to me that it works, but that it's suffering from general slow behaviour.

FWIW, that slowdown doesn't seem to be Alpha-based---my PII/300 is now
seeing the same problem.

Damn fine quake machine, though.

> This is unknown.  Regarding PPP, Mike is probably our best resource.  He's
> practically made the ppp source his adopted child, so he should know the
> most about it.  Unfortunately, he's really busy, but I'm sure if you
> mailed him, he might give you some clue as to what's going on.

I'm willing to work on this---I'm busy, but the UDB's on the net
again, so it's a bit easier to get things done.  I'll look into
whipping up a PPP based on the latest 2.2.0f package and see if I
can't get that working.

Mike.