Hello and a question

Hi,

Im new to the list and thought I should at least say hello!

Ive recently purchased (used) a DEC Multia (AKA UDB).  I've managed to get
RedHat installed on it.  Ive wanted to try debian for some time, but until
now lacked a system that I could "play" with.

I've read the install README for the alpha which talks about using a RedHat
install to "bootstrap" a Debian installation on the alpha.  Does this work?
I've been experiencing some anomalies in the RedHat distribution which
severly impact the compiling of various packages.  Is this going to affect
the installation of Debian?

Any advice or hints dealing with installtion on the Multia/UDB would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Terry Bayne
Gnome
gnome@iquest.com

When you lose your name, you become small.
When you lose your spirit, you become nothing.

                             -R.K. Partain