Re: ECC memory problems on AXPpci33/Multia

On Aug 20, Ian Willmott wrote
> What are other people's experiences with this board? My feeling is that
> ANY memory errors at all is too many, because if it can have a
> correctable single-bit error, it can also have a non-correctable double
> bit error or a non-detectable triple bit error. Is this unrealistic? Do
> you just have to expect a few memory errors occasionally?

I haven't had any problems at all with memory on my Multia, and it is
in no way too much to ask for your SIMMs to have no faults.  I would
definitely take them back.

I wish I had a particular memory manufacturer I felt I could
recommend, but I've heard bad things about just about everyone at one
time or another.

Mike.
--
Don't touch that!  It's the History Eraser Button