Re: Floppy install

On Wed, 11 Jun 1997, Kari Davidsson wrote:

Hi,

> I'll follow up to my own email:
>
> So the conclusion of all this: The floppy install "works" but stay away
> from dselect. Install packages manually after the base install and
> by picki on wich packages you install.

As i have been telling in this list before, the binary-alpha tree
needs some minor mods to be 'dselectable'. I have pesonally installed
(telnet at least is not working) functional debian/axp with slightly
modified binary-alpha (remove libc6, upgrade some packages, blaa, blaa...)

> P.S. The only way of getting access to the latest and greatest packes
> on debina.org is through Incoming? But one must be a developer to
> get access to Incoming? And one must have some packes to maintain

Look

ftp://gorba.lpt.fi/debian/binary-alpha/		(mine)
or
ftp://debian.med.miami.edu/pub/mdorman/		(Michael Dorman)

for some upgraded packages. I think most of needed packages are in one
of above sites. There might be more sites, but i'm not aware of those.

If something crucial is missing from those sites, let me/us know, and
we'll see if we can do something about it ....

I haven't even looked the base disks since sunday, but i think i'll have
to write at least MILO installer to that dinstall-script and look, what
i can do about that reboot/halt binary. I'll have to look it with SRM too
as i have ARC installed at the moment ....

-- upi@iki.fi -- http://www.iki.fi/upi/