Re: Porting Progress

Miquel Smoorenberg and Danny ter Haar have put up a system at Cistron,
they've installed Red Hat, and they are currently building the Debian base
packages on it. A few other people have mentioned that they have Alphas,
and I've suggested that they make the systems available for developers to
log in on, so that they can build their packages for Alpha whenever they
make a new release of the package.

Your first step would be to FTP Red Hat's Alpha port (or get a CD) and
install that on the system so that we have a bootstrap development
environment. Then, you'll need to install selected Debian packages as
they become available (libc, the compiler, an ELF-shared capable
kernel, etc.).

	Thanks

	Bruce