Re: Porting Progress

On Thu, 25 Jul 1996, Bruce Perens wrote:

> CALL FOR DEVELOPERS ON DEC ALPHA, 68K, AND INTEL 386 PLATFORMS
>
> Make your presence known by sending e-mail to the list once you have
> subscribed.

Hi, I guess we're going to see some activity arround :)

I'm insterested in the AXP Debian port. We've got a AXP system: 150 MHz,
32 RAM, #9 Video board, bus mouse, EISA SCSI controller, SCSI floppy, 3
SCSI HD's...

What I'd really like to know is how to start installing Linux/Debian on
this system. What I've read from Digital is to raw write the system/kernel
to the HD, and start building from there up, but HOW!!!??? Any
suggestions?

I'd love to dump this Windows NT crap... the machine is running @ 150 MHz,
and it looks like an old 486! I know, I know, "add memory", but that's a
no-no right now.

-Marcelo <mmagallo@efis.ucr.ac.cr>