Re: MIOpen package LFS files

Hi Cory and Christian,

> On May 15, 2024, at 07:14, Cordell Bloor <cgmb@slerp.xyz> wrote:
>
> I suppose the next question is whether we can filter out these assembly kernels and still have a working MIOpen library.

I’ve tried to exclude all assembly codes under src/kernels from both the source package and the build process [23], see the diff in src/CMakeLists.txt.
As for now, we're not sure if the obtained MIOpen is OK to work.
Maybe the next step is to enable the built-in tests [24] (disabled by patch [25] now) to validate whether the library works?

I have 6900XT and MI100 GPUs in my accessible local machine, and there seems to have some utils [26] for providing isolated GPU environments in our Salsa.
@ckk, maybe Christian can provide some suggestions?

[23]: https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/miopen/-/merge_requests/1
[24]: https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/miopen/-/tree/master/test
[25]: https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/miopen/-/blob/master/debian/patches/0004-disable-tests.patch