Re: ROCm upgrade to clang-17

On 2024-02-22 01:48, Cordell Bloor wrote:
> I'm still working on updating rocm-hipamd to use clang-17,

Great, thanks. This one is a bit daunting.

> but I think it's time to start the migration to unstable (as it will
> take a couple steps to reach HIP anyway). The CI results seem to
> indicate that everything should continue working, even as libraries
> like rocr-runtime get updated to be based on clang-17.
>
> We're less than two weeks from getting dropped from testing due to the
> RC bug, and there's lots of libraries that will need to be rebuilt, so I
> think it's time to get moving.

Could you expand on the "need to be rebuilt" bit? As in: do you mean
  (1) a "changeless" rebuild in unstable for those in currently
      experimental, or
  (2) are changes needed pending clang-17, or
  (3) updating lagging packages to 5.7+

I guess one thing that everyone can do is do (3), as long as
they target experimental, for the libraries still behind, except for
rocBLAS and rocSOLVER as per [1].

Best,
Christian

[1]
https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/community/team-project/-/wikis/ROCm-5.7-Release-Plan#obstacles
    By the way, is this list of obstacles current?