Re: Breaking down barriers to ROCm packaging

On 2024-01-29 14:33, Kari Pahula wrote:
> I could be interested in helping with this.  I have a Thinkpad with
> AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 6850U, is that recent enough for usefully testing that
> things work?  rocminfo lists the integrated GPU as gfx1035.

Help would be great!

gfx1035 is somewhat new to our mix and I'll let Cory share his
experience with it, but generally speaking, the big challenge right now
is the packaging itself: what's needed to get PyTorch and Blender
working out of the box on Debian. [1] has a more elaborate summary of
the immediate challenges.

We have our own (customized) debci instance [2] and any package you
would upload would automatically be tested on a variety of GPUs.

I've put up a GSoC24 pitch for QEMU-based porter boxes so that
contributors can also have interactive access to the various cards
above.

[1]
https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/community/team-project/-/wikis/rocm-5.7-release-plan
[2] https://ci.rocm.debian.net/