Re: RFS: rocr-runtime/5.2.3-6 -- HSA Runtime API and runtime for ROCm

Hi Christian,

On 2023-11-25 01:19, Christian Kastner wrote:
I suggest we wait until it migrates to testing, then update our
autopkgtests by dropping the 'allow-stderr'. Since I need to update the
test runner anyway, I'll take care of that.

Sounds good.

roc-runtime is one of the most out-of-date versions. What are your
thoughts on upgrading, either going through 5.5, or straight to 5.7? Is
this something someone could try in experimental?

Yes, that would make sense. We might also need to update libhsa-kmt to update libhsa-runtime.

I don't know of any particular reason go through ROCm 5.5. I would probably suggest doing the update directly to ROCm 5.7.1 locally, run a few tests, and upload to experimental if all seems well. For the most part, ROCm is a loosely coupled collection of components that are all developed by independent teams. I don't worry too much about mixing and matching versions as long as our tests are passing.