Re: Navi24 Crash (Was: Re: 5.7 Release Plan / Timeline?)

On 2023-10-18 19:30, Cordell Bloor wrote:
> On 2023-10-18 04:07, Christian Kastner wrote:
>> Well, that makes things even more interesting. This is with a kernel and
>> firmware-amd-graphics package from the official Archive, right?
>
> Yes. I've uploaded a new batch of logs from my latest round of hardware
> testing [1][2]. (There are lots of hipblas failures, but I believe those
> are caused by my use of OpenBLAS as the reference library. I wouldn't
> worry too much about them.)

Thanks, Cory.

Hm. I also tested with kernel 6.5.3 at one point, admittedly with a
bookworm userspace but that shouldn't matter, I think.

I'm really curious what the Ubuntu test will produce. I'd prefer it to
pass, so I can rule out hardware.

By the way, in the issue I reported, I was asked to produce the output
of `sudo cat /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/amdgpu_firmware_info` -- this might
be a useful addition to your logging setup.

Best,
Christian