Re: 5.7 Release Plan / Timeline?

Hi folks,

When Ubuntu 22.04 released, it took AMD six months to add support for that platform to ROCm. With Ubuntu 24.04 coming up, there is an opportunity for the work done by Debian to stand out.

If we're able to update rocm-hipamd to ROCm 5.7 and finish packaging pytorch-rocm by Februrary of next year, I think we will really turn some heads. It would be the first release in which the OS-provided packages and the AMD official packages are both available on the same system for direct comparison.

I'm not sure if that timeline is achievable, but it's worth a try.