Re: 5.7 Release Plan / Timeline?

Hi Cory,

On 2023-10-17 09:02, Cordell Bloor wrote:
> When Ubuntu 22.04 released, it took AMD six months to add support for
> that platform to ROCm. With Ubuntu 24.04 coming up, there is an
> opportunity for the work done by Debian to stand out.
>
> If we're able to update rocm-hipamd to ROCm 5.7 and finish packaging
> pytorch-rocm by Februrary of next year,

sounds like a great idea. Looking at the Release Plan on the wiki so
far, I think this is doable.

About a year ago, you shared this graph:

   https://lists.debian.org/debian-ai/2022/09/msg00029.html

It would be very helpful if you could update this graph for 5.7, so that
we get a current picture of what's missing breadth-wise.

> I think we will really turn some heads. It would be the first release
> in which the OS-provided packages and the AMD official packages are
> both available on the same system for direct comparison.
>
> I'm not sure if that timeline is achievable, but it's worth a try.

Best,
Christian

PS: Incidentally, discussion on my Navi24 crash bug picked up yesterday,
and I agreed to try to reproduce this on Ubuntu. That reminded me that I
need to extend our CI to Ubuntu. Looking into that.