Re: Preparing Ursa and Lyra for the CI

On 2023-10-09 17:43, Christian Kastner wrote:
> I'm looking at supporting multiple GPUs now.

In theory, it seems that I already prepared everything for this.

However, I haven't had the chance to test this in practice, so the
utilities cautiously still error out when this is attempted.

The difficult part is the guest, specifically setting up PCIe within the
guest. For the one-GPU case, it was sufficient to create a PCI root
bridge in the guest, and attach the pass-through devices there. This
particular setup was necessary for interrupts to get routed correctly, I
believe.

The code that does this is currently configured to do the same for all
GPUs. However, I'm not sure that this is correct; my gut says it's
possible for the cards to get bussed somewhat more complicated on the
host (lspci -t).

So all this really needs is an experiment.

Best,
Christian