Re: 5.7 Release Plan / Timeline?

Hi all,

On 2023-09-18 09:29, Christian Kastner wrote:
> On 2023-09-17 22:23, Étienne Mollier wrote:
>> Thanks, will keep an eye on it.  Any issues, we should just
>> point them out on the mailing list?
>
> Hm, good question. I think the most helpful would be to file an issue in
> the infra repo [2], this way I can track it better -- thanks! Please
> file anything that bugs you, I'll see what I can do about it.
>
> However, please also check your upload's results. Did the test get
> executed correctly on all GPU-arches (see log)? Did reverse dependencies
> get queued for all GPU-arches? And so on.
>
> I do see failing tests on my end, but e.g. a missing queue entry for an
> arch is not immediately obvious to see, nor are test suite issues.

here are some examples for issues that I might not see right away:

roct-thunk-interface/5.7.0-1~exp1 and rocm-cmake/5.7.0-1~exp0 were
uploaded to experimental recently, but the wrong version was tested in
experimental [1, 2].

I suspect that this has something to do with the mirrors being used. All
hosts use deb.debian.org but that just redirects to a regional mirror,
and variations in sync times are possible. I need to investigate.

I do look at the "Status alerts" [3] and "Status failing" [4] pages.
"Status alerts" are usually infrastructure issues. For example:
rocm-hipamd migrated to testing last night and that triggered a re-test
of all reverse dependencies in testing -- good. However, looking at [3],
that failed with "tmpfail" on gfx1030. The reason for this is that I was
running a local test for rocblas. This was a mistake on my part, I'll
temporarily take the worker out of rotation next time. I'll reschedule
the tests.

Having said all that, it's possible for tests to pass yet still be
buggy. For example, recent rocrand has tests all pass, but some tests
take 17s when they should only be taking a few ms, so please do check
the results of your uploads, even if they are green.

Best,
Christian

[1] https://ci.rocm.debian.net/packages/r/roct-thunk-interface/
[2] https://ci.rocm.debian.net/packages/r/rocm-cmake/