Re: RFS: rocm-hipamd/5.2.3-11 -- Heterogeneous Interface for Portability

Hi Cory,

That's probably not too problematic, but the autopkgtest stub
for rocm-hipamd caught a warning in hipcc output:

	$ hipcc --help
	dpkg-architecture: warning: cannot determine CC system type, falling back to default (native compilation)
	OVERVIEW: clang LLVM compiler

	USAGE: clang [options] file...
	[…]

	$ hipcc --version
	dpkg-architecture: warning: cannot determine CC system type, falling back to default (native compilation)
	HIP version: 5.2.21153-0
	Debian clang version 15.0.7
	Target: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
	Thread model: posix
	InstalledDir: /usr/bin

	$ hipcc main.cpp -o main
	dpkg-architecture: warning: cannot determine CC system type, falling back to default (native compilation)

This seems to be caused by the dpkg-architecture invocation when
gcc is missing in the minimal test environment:

	$ dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_GNU_CPU
	dpkg-architecture: warning: cannot determine CC system type, falling back to default (native compilation)
	x86_64
	# apt-get install gcc -y
	[…]
	$ dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_GNU_CPU
	x86_64

The fix/workaround would be for hipcc to depend on gcc, or just
the testbed if there really is no reason for hipcc to strongly
depend on gcc apart from avoiding the warning:

	--- a/debian/tests/control
	+++ b/debian/tests/control
	@@ -1,3 +1,3 @@
	 Tests: hipconfig, hipcc
	-Depends: @
	+Depends: @, gcc
	 Restrictions: superficial, skippable

In normal situation, the debci autopkgtest infrastructure would
choke on that, but as long as there are no GPU available from
the testbed, tests will be skipped anyway.  This is where the
work put into having test infrastructure for GPUs will allow us
to have better package coverage when proceeding to uploads.
Thank you and Christian for your work on that!

I'll see if I manage to get somewhere with qemu ppc64el
emulation next.

Have a nice day,  :)
--
  .''`.  Étienne Mollier <emollier@debian.org>
 : :' :  gpg: 8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da