Re: RFS: rocm-hipamd/5.2.3-11 -- Heterogeneous Interface for Portability

Hi folks,

On 2023-07-17 02:38, Cordell Bloor wrote:

The migration of existing functionality from experimental will also enable most GFX9 and GFX10 GPUs to use the Debian libraries without requiring environment variables. There will eventually be some real support to do that with LLVM via some new lowest-common-denominator ISAs that explicitly support multiple GPUs. However, it's not clear exactly when that will be available, so I don't think we should be waiting.

Today is the one-year anniversary of these patches. They took on their current form on July 20, 2022. There were earlier versions which predate that and I made further tweaks afterwards, but it was a special day to me. It's purely for sentimental reasons, but it would be nice if this could be uploaded today or tomorrow.