ROCm OpenCL wonders
Hello Debian OpenCL packaging team,
I have made a stub of a package  for ROCm OpenCL 2.2 implementation.
There are several points that I would like to bring to your attention:
- Is such AMD OpenCL relevant?
- How does it compare to MESA and other implementations that you
maintain, such as POCL?
- If relevant, how is it to be integrated with your OpenCL efforts?
- I have issues having this OpenCL working.
- it compiles, but clinfo gives ERROR: clGetPlatformIDs(-1001).
- When usin Debian, clinfo with the ICD loader from ROCm, same issue.
- When using Debian clinfo with the Debian ICD loader, platform not
discovered, as expected.
Andreas, I did keep in mind your remark about potential conflicts with
existing ROCm packages. It is noted there . I think there remains
a fair amount of work before being able to tackle this point.
Best regards, Maxime