Re: alphafold Debian packaging ?

Hi,

On 2022-01-11 16:14, Gard Spreemann wrote:
> I'm taking the liberty to forward this to the debian-ai list as well.

Thanks. Highly relevant issue for debian-ai@ might be the retraining of
the neural network model. In addition to being pre-trained, the model
itself is licensed under CC-BY-NC-4.0, thus not suitable for Debian
main. I could not find a guide for retraining, and an issue on their
tracker [1] asks for the same.

Yet another issue is AlphaFold's dependence on GPU.

Would it be OK for me to open an RFP to collect the knowledge and
continue the discussion there?

[1] https://github.com/deepmind/alphafold/issues/323

Best,
Andrius