Re: alphafold Debian packaging ?

Andrius Merkys <merkys@debian.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On 2022-01-11 16:14, Gard Spreemann wrote:
>> I'm taking the liberty to forward this to the debian-ai list as well.
>
> Thanks. Highly relevant issue for debian-ai@ might be the retraining of
> the neural network model.

Indeed! I was thinking that it might be an interesting – and
complicated! – test case for Mo Zhou's draft ML policy [2].

[2] https://salsa.debian.org/deeplearning-team/ml-policy

> In addition to being pre-trained, the model itself is licensed under
> CC-BY-NC-4.0, thus not suitable for Debian main. I could not find a
> guide for retraining, and an issue on their tracker [1] asks for the
> same.

Hmm, interesting! Where did you see this? Regarding the output
predictions, alphafold.com states CC-BY-4.0 (in two different places):

> All of the data provided is freely available for both academic and commercial use under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (CC-BY 4.0) license terms. If you use this resource please cite the following papers:
> […]

And their code repository is Apache. Or did you find the actual
pretrained models somewhere under CC-BY-NC?

 Best,
 Gard