Re: AMD ROCm packaging session followup notes

Hi Mo,

Since kfd is already present in the upstream kernel, does ROCm require
any non-free (per Debian's DFSG definition; e.g. firmware-amd-graphics
from non-free/kernel section) component to run?

I'm not certain. I've just been going though building components in the debian:unstable docker container, so I've been focusing on the userland components. If I can figure out the new build process for ROCclr, then I should be able to finish building the HIP libraries. Then I'll install Debian natively and see if it works. If not, I suppose I'll have to do a bit of investigation.