Re: Hello from ROCm

Hello again,

It seems I mixed up ROCm-Developer-Tools/llvm-project and RadeonOpenCompute/llvm-project when writing my last email. Fortunately, I see from your attachment that you got it correct anyway. As penance for my mistake, I spent some time looking into a few of those llvm-* projects you asked about:

RadeonOpenCompute/llvm-project
- The compiler for building for ROCm HIP libraries.

ROCm-Developer-Tools/llvm-project
- ROCm's LLVM fork for AOMP (OpenMP Extras)
- More info: https://github.com/ROCm-Developer-Tools/aomp

ROCmSoftwarePlatform/llvm-project-mlir
- Related to the MIOpen Dialect
- The project is not yet ready for production. It is designed to generate GPU kernels for convolutions (at least to start). - More info: https://github.com/ROCmSoftwarePlatform/llvm-project-mlir/issues/88

ROCm-Developer-Tools/f18-llvm-project
- I'm not sure what this is for. Its description says to ask Greg Rodgers if you want to learn more.
- It doesn't appear to be part of the current ROCm release.

ROCm-Developer-Tools/firdev-llvm-project
- Deprecated

ROCm-Developer-Tools/LLVM-AMDGPU-Assembler-Extra
- This does not appear to be used.

I also attached a few notes and updates for the package list you created. It's still not complete, but I hope it helps.

By the way, you probably already know this, but there's a repo manifest for each official ROCm release:
- https://github.com/RadeonOpenCompute/ROCm/blob/rocm-4.1.0/default.xml

Sincerely,
Cordell Bloor