Re: collect debian-admintools

On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 11:42:44PM -0500, Steve Gore wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 21, 1999 at 01:50:38AM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> > Debian have a lot of Admins Tools like adduser, magicfilterconfig,
> > linuxlogoconfig, pppconfig, gpmconfig, XF86Setup, and more
> >
> > Can we collect all this tools? I propose to use the menu system for
> > this. With the need="debianconfig" option, we can collect this and write
> > a [X11|gtk|kde|ncurses|.*]tool to find and use this tools.
>
> I'm not a developer, but as a user I think this is a very good idea.  New users
> especially have a difficult time finding the correct way to configure Debian.

So I ready.

I have make a dconfig package.

It is on http://www.debian.org/~grisu/dconfig

Download it and play with it.
The Programs are: dconfig and dconfig.color

I have add apacheconfig, cvsconfig, shadowconfig, eximconfig, dselect,
gpmconfig and adduser in /usr/lib/menu/defaults/ as examples.

dconfig use the menusystem and can collect the configuration tools in
debian with it. It use pdmenu to display the menue.

Comments?

Grisu
--
Michael Bramer -- a Debian Linux Developer        http://www.debian.org