Re: new documents

Le Mon, Mar 22, 1999 at 01:11:28PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman écrivait:
> I finally got around to updating the configuration management documents
> somewhat yesterday. Besides adding the things we have discussed recently
> I split the text up into 4 different sections, since the different
> modules of the design can very well be used independently.
>
> The new docs are available at http://www.debian.org/~wakkerma/config6/

Good work. But I'd like that we include i18n in this proposition. But how ?
And at which level ?

The translation should be available in the database too. The main problem is
when and how to feed them into the database... The answer is probably
multiple, the metadatabase must know about translations (ie, functions
like (get|set)_description_from_locale have to exist) so that programs can
access to whatever translation is available. Furthermore there must be a
way for the template file (the debian specific file) to specify translations.

Could you please try to add something like that to your text ?

The template files could have more fields :
- Description-<locale-code> (ie 'Description-fr_FR')
- Default-<locale-code> (default values can change from one country to
  another ...)
Of course the other fields are shared beetween the differents translations.

But for the packages installations we'll need something else for
translating the data of the TEXT/INPUT requests. And I don't know
what ...

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~rhertzog/