Re: dpkg modification: non-interactivity

>> "MJH" == Mikolaj J Habryn <dichro-255977f@eris.rcpt.to> writes:

MJH> Exactly so. Does anyone see any issues with a simple stripped
MJH> down interface such as this? If not, then once the slink freeze
MJH> is out of the way, we can request a policy amendment to require
MJH> that all configuration interaction be done through this
MJH> mechanism, and then we can work on the more interesting problems
MJH> like database backends.

I would wait until we had a sample implementation for this. We can use
our own packages to test this.

A change to policy should be made after we have this working. If we
decide we have to change something in the interface after the change
is made, this would be less pleasant.

Ciao,
	Martin